Live Like You Practice Docuseries + Gems
Subscribe to MelMarie off the Mat on Youtube to watch the Docuseries
About the docuseries-
Most of us began yoga and mindfulness with many misconceptions in mind such as you have to look a certain to do it, there are certain things required to do it “right”, it is only for women or certain body types, that you inherently aren't good at it, you need to be flexible, that it is a religion of some sort from the east, and more and more. I see these beliefs all the time and have once believed them myself…until I witnessed transformation within my own mind and health which ignited the passion I have today to make this modality accessible to all walks of life and bring yoga into unconventional places.
Over the past decadeMelMarie Yoga has been part of pioneering yoga and mindfulness into the US Military, higher academia, and clinical care. We want to show you, walk with you, and include you in the healing that is awaiting from within your own body. Resources we were never taught about, heal the distrust in the yoga industry and be part of a better future of integrative care and proactive wellness.
We are celebrating and inviting you into ways to Live Like You Practice in your own life now. The docuseries itself is packed with mind blowing interviews and reframing our cultural perception of yoga in the west and this work becomes a recognized modality in the health care continuum. This is just the beginning and you are welcome to join us at the table to advocate stress hygiene, accessible care and mental wellness. Episodes drop on YouTube every Monday based on themes to widen dialogue in health, education and yoga industries.
BE ADDED TO THE IN THE KNOW LIST FOR THE DOCUSERIES AND RECEIVE FREE ACCESS TO ONE YEAR ON OUR DEMAND STUDIO. WE WANT TO BLESS YOU THIS SEASON IN EVERY WAY. WHAT WE DO NOW SETS THE TONE FOR WHAT LIFE SHAPES INTO.
Ways to support the Docuseries-
- Subscribe to MelMarie off the Mat on Youtube
- Share the docuseries preview and other content and clips through social media found on @melmarieyoga
- Episodes Drop Every Monday
In honor of Living Like You Practice- Don't miss the bundles below we have to nourish you as we walk into this new chapter.
THREE REASONS THE DOCUSERIES IS SO IMPORTANT
1. Stress hygiene and nervous system regulation is a tool that lives within the body. As a culture we are so disassociated from our bodies and feel disconnected on where to start to make us feel better. Therefore, we run to many external quick "solutions" that may either make it feel better temporarily or have consequential side effects. There is so much awaiting the pharmacy within. Every human deserves to know about and experience it.
2. There has been a lot of mistrust in the yoga industry due to the mainstream perception of yoga belonging only in studios as a fitness modality or needing to wear specific clothing to do it or even it being only for women or a certain archetype that is not relatable. We want to heal this and widen it beyond performance where your practice becomes an intimate return back to yourself.
3. Health Care. The crisis is loud, mental health is a huge issue many are struggling with. As a profession, this work is in the process of becoming a recognized co-modality that can aid patient care and open more ways for patients to participate in their own health through prevention and maintenance. Stress Reduction modalities such as mind body medicine, yoga, and mindfulness are sustainable tools with a multi-modal approach.